“Mould Removal” vs. Mould Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Since microscopic mould spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mould from a home or business is impossible. Many restoration businesses advertise “mould removal” and even guarantee to remove all mould. This is a fallacy. We understand mould and mould growth. SERVPRO of Kelowna has the training and expertise to remediate the mould in your home or business.
Signs of Mould? Call Today – (250) 899-9789
When water intrudes into your property, mould growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mould facts:
- Mould is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mould spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mould spores thrive on moisture. Mould spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mould remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mould may return.
- Mould often produces a strong, musty odour, and that odour can lead you to possible mould problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mould growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mould Remediation Process
Every mould damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mould remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mould remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (250) 899-9789
- Inspection and Mould Damage Assessment
- Mould Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mould and Mould-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Kelowna is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.