Summer Home Maintenance
Just like you need to wipe counters, clean floors & bathrooms to keep your home usable and clean, you need to clean and maintain other parts of your home. If you don't, you will end up having your home run less efficient or even worse experience possible fire or water damage.
When you maintain your home, you keep it running efficiently, as well as reducing the likelihood of potential water or fire damage. Not to mention it will save you money with lower utility bills.
Here are some quick and easy summer maintenance tips:
- Switch off your humidifier and use a dehumidifier instead
- Replace air filters throughout your home
- Look at the condition of your roof. Consider having it professionally inspected
- Inspect weather-stripping, caulking and vents for any blockages and/or cracks. Repair as needed
- Change/clean your central air conditioner filter. Book annual maintenance
- Inspect the irrigation lines and valves for leaks
- If your planning on a trip, ensure you have someone checking on your home for leaks/damage regularly
Staying on top of things with minor fixes and maintenance will help you to avoid big problems later down the line.