If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (250) 899-9789

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Not everything can go into a microwave!

5/3/2021 (Permalink)

Inside of a microwave that caught on fire in a home in West Kelowna, BC. The microwave caught fire due to user heating up a t Inside of a microwave that caught on fire in a home in West Kelowna, BC. The microwave caught fire due to user heating up a take-out container.

Microwaves are the second most common cause of residential kitchen fires! Here is a list of items that SHOULD NEVER go in a microwave:

  •  Paper bags
  • Take-out containers
  • Metal/Aluminum Foil
  • Styrofoam
  • Grapes (They will explode and could catch on fire)
  • Cookware with metal trim
  • Plastic storage containers without a “Microwave Safe” label
  • Nothing (When there's nothing in the microwave to absorb the microwaves, the microwave can actually catch fire or cause damage to the microwave)

Other News

View Recent Posts