2020 Home Safety Checklist
Happy New Years! Start the year off right.....Keep your family and possessions safe by following this home safety checklist:
- Ensure each level of your home has a working fire alarm and carbon monoxide detector
- Create a fire escape plan with your family
- Prepare a home emergency kit
- Invest in a fire proof safe to keep all your irreplaceable/important documents protected
- Get your vents/air ducts & dryer vent cleaned!
- Check appliances (even hair dryers and lamps) for worn or frayed cords. Damaged cords should be replaced and discarded.
- Avoid “knock-off” electrical products. (these products can easily overheat or short circuit)
- Check extension cords and wall sockets- do not overload
- Don’t run cords under rugs or carpeting.
- Change your air filter and inspect your furnace
- Check your range hood and fan are fully vented and free of greasy buildup
- Check your basement for foundation cracks or damage
Lastly, create a home inventory of your belongings. Take pictures or make a video. Keep those receipts! Take pictures of receipts and file them. If you have to make a claim you will need proof of purchase!
Wishing you all a great start to 2020. For more tips, check out our other blogs at https://www.SERVPROkelowna.com/blog/